Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Winter mood

Last Friday we had a little Christmas dinner for my friend and her family. They are going on vacation this week, so we wanted to meet them and to wish a pleasant trip before they go.
My friend is one who wears jewelries practically every day. But almost all of them are made of silver and gold. The only bead jewelries she has are earrings (white round beaded beads), which she has bought last year; and a spiral bead rope, which I made for her last year as well.
So I decided to make another present for her, and this time I wanted to try something new for me – a brooch. Of course it should be a winter brooch, something in white and silver colors.
I have chosen a cabochon of mother of pearl shell and freshwater pearls. For decoration of those I took silver color Japanese seed beads and tiny Swarovski crystals.
So here is the brooch.

The backside is covered by a piece of white leather. The brooch measures 6 cm x 4.5 cm. And the photo … yes, I still need to practice.

© All rights reserved

2 comments: